Monday, June 30, 2008

I have tonsillitis - maybe

So, I went to the doctor, finally, again and I told him I had a sore throat for two weeks. He looked in my throat. Then I asked if I should be tested for strep throat. He said he couldn't do it there. Ok. Where? A general hospital. Ok. (I have no idea what that means.)

I told him my glands hurt, or rather, showed him. Actually, that's the only place that hurts and I was surprised that he didn't check after looking in my throat. He explained that something, something lymph glands, something something tonsillitis. I asked if I had tonsillitis. He sort of laughed (or did he say yes?) Then he said "medicine, two days" with no further instructions. When I picked up my prescription from the nurse, she said if I feel better after two days, not to come back.

I DON'T GET IT! If I have something resembling tonsillitis, do they really believe it will be cured with TWO DAYS WORTH OF MEDICATION?

Oh, wait a minute. . . . I think I may finally have the answer! It must be MAGIC MEDICINE! Yes, yes, that's it!

No comments: