Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Hello. Hello?

A typical phone call in Korea:

A: Hello
B: Hello?
A: Hello
B: Hello?
A: Hello
B: Hello?

It can go on like this for hours! Somebody, somewhere must have a record of how many times this has gone on. I think it's like 12 or 14 or something.

Am I the only one who thinks this is crazy? I mean seriously, if YOU call ME then you bloody well better spit out what you're wanted to say or I'm going to hang up! This happened to me yesterday and today. Two different phone calls. Who's giving my phone number to idiots?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's funny. I just called two places (English lines mind you) and had the same conversations - if you can call them that. Then, one of them hung up on me!

Sunny said...

But I get them calling from Korea. It goes
Hello
Yobuseo?
Oh, yeah, yobuseo.
Yobuseo?
Yobuseo.
yobuseo?
OK, hello.
Yobuseo?
Neh, neh, yobuseo..hello
yobuseo?
(etc)

melanie ajumma said...

That's hilarious!