Monday, July 07, 2008

Read to the end

I discovered the most fantastic thing today and all I had to do to find this lovely thing is take all my clothes off! (Keep reading)

The only reason I haven't found out before now is that I was shy. I was expecting people to stare at me and to feel really uncomfortable. It wasn't that bad and I'm going to do it again soon, cause it was great. (Keep reading)

I went to the gym today and instead of coming home to shower, which I usually do, I used the bath house at the gym. Public bathing in Korea is hugely popular and is more often than not, a social activity. I've gone a couple of times with my in-laws, (just the girls,) and once or twice with friends. Since I'm Canadian I wasn't immediately comfortable about the public nudity and since I'm Canadian and quite fat, I don't blend in as much as I'd like to when I'm naked in a public bath house in Korea.

Well, today I decided to just bloody do it, it's only a shower after all. Since it's so incredibly hot now, I couldn't imagine walking home from the gym in the HOT sun covered in sweat which is what I did previously. Well guess what I found? Korean bath houses have different tubs with water of different temperatures, usually three: hot, really hot and really cold. Well, to my delight, the really cold tub was HUGE. Longer than my parents' swimming pool! I did laps! My body temperature finally went down to normal temperatures. It was fantastic. Not only that, but someone actually smiled at me while I was there! Take that! As a result, I'm in love with the gym and more importantly, the bath house. I'm going again on Wednesday.

1 comment:

Sunny said...

Good for you going to the gym. How is the sore throat?